NIX Platform combines Atomic Swaps and privacy using their unique, innovative Ghost Protocol to provide the world with a truly anonymous and decentralized transfer of assets for the cross-chain era.
NIX platform will be the first privacy-based decentralized exchange manager. This system will solve privacy layers among DEX trading, creating a security layer for any protocol and tradeable asset through a multi-tiered trading structure. NIX will bridge communication between external DEX’s to create privacy elements among all and any compatible ecosystems.
- NIX is powered by the NIX Ghost Protocol, which involves the best technology on the market, including the Zerocoin protocol, Stealth Outputs, TOR/i2p network protection, Bulletproofs, and more.
- The trading process for the DEX manager is simple: Coin A is swapped to NIX, then the Ghost Protocol is applied, offering privacy and un-traceability to finally re-swap these NIX coins into coin B and have it sent to the new user through privacy smart contracts on the NIX network.
“To create a powerful and decentralized system such as the one NIX aims to enable, there are multiple elements which hold core to the value and dedication of the project. To reflect on the partnership with Blocknet, the team at NIX believes that Blocknet shares the vision of a truly decentralized environment to help empower people all around the globe.”
- NIX really takes pride in their ability to facilitate Private Transactions across chains and provide an untraceable way to shift assets around. They’ve really pulled out all the stops here. “NIX is powered by the NIX Ghost Protocol, which involves the best technology on the market, including the Zerocoin protocol, Stealth Outputs, TOR/i2p network protection, Bulletproofs, and more.” Although competitors such as Wanchain are working in the same space, NIX really seems to be taking the whole Privacy thing a lot further and this provides them with an essential point of difference.
- In regards to development of the NIX platform, we find this particularly exciting. Their roadmap has some pretty major milestones not too far down the road. Private Transactions from Mobile Wallets, DEX Manager 1.0, Sidechains and Private Smart Contracts (think Enigma (ENG)) are all expected to be completed between now (August 2018) and Q2 2019. Of course we’ll have to keep an eye on development by following NIXs Github to see whether they meet the milestone timeframes but it’s looking pretty achievable considering the Team.
- NIX has recently (August 2018) announced that the network will be switched to a POS (Proof Of Stake) Standard. POS is always more efficient than POW (Proof Of Work) due to the vast decrease in processing power required to verify transactions. From an investors standpoint, POS opens the opportunity to run a Masternode and help power the network in return for Block Rewards. Considering NIX is sitting at a $6 Million USD Market Cap at the time of writing (August 2018), this presents an excellent opportunity to get in on a project very fundamentally similar to competitors that have Market Caps in the $100+ Millions. Huge upside potential here.
- View the full review here
- One of the concerns that most investors will have is with the FUD going around about how NIX handled the airdrop from ZOI to NIX. This was a typical snapshot/claim situation, nothing new. With every token swap, airdrop, etc, you’ll have people that simply don’t follow instructions carefully or do not act within a certain timeframe. Nearly every rant we’ve read about NIX being a “Scam” is coming from somebody who didn’t receive their NIX tokens, obviously they believe they followed the instructions “perfectly” and have been scammed somehow. We took a look into exactly how NIX handled the airdrop and while their technical support was a bit blunt with investors at times (really what else can they do when they’ve got people accusing them of being scammers), the airdrop was your typical run of the mill airdrop. They didn’t make people jump through any more hoops compared to other coin swaps in the past. Simple case of FUD generated by disgruntled investors that didn’t follow instructions or feel they were let down by Nix’ support. This does NOT concern the fundamentals of the project, and that’s what we’re here to review.
- NIX is up against a few competitors, most noteworthy — Wanchain. NIX has a pretty impressive Team but Wanchain is in deep with some big tech giants in and around Asia. This isn’t to say that NIX is fundamentally weak compared to Wanchain, all we are saying is NIX has some tough competition. Both projects have their own functions and target audience, both are different enough to co-exist. Not a huge deal but investors would be smart to keep an eye on developments from both sides.
- NIX doesn’t have any red flags as far as we can see. Fundamentally everything looks great. Our only other concern is with the plans for adoption. Competitors are and will continue to pose a threat and NIX will need to prove itself to be the best solution to private transactions, decentralized asset transfers, atomic swaps, etc. How exactly does NIX fork itself away from the competition in a positive way, what makes people say “screw Wanchain, NIX has this, and this, and this.” We don’t have the answer right now but this is something NIX will need to develop as they progress through their roadmap.
- Read the full review here
Token Type — Network Coin
• Ticker: NIX
• Circulating Supply: 39,613,567
• Max Supply: 175,000,000
• Token Use: Services & Fees
Industry & Competitors
• Private Transactions
• Decentralized Exchange
• Competitors — Wanchain